Sometimes trying to write can be daunting. Here are some questions I ask my POV character when I’m having trouble getting into a scene.
1. Who are you?
2. What are you doing?
3. What do you want?
4. Are you alone? If not, who are you with and how do you feel about them? Why?
5. What are you wearing? Is there anything significant about anything you’re wearing?
6. Where are you? What does it smell like? What does it feel like–emotionally and in a tactile sense?
7. What do you see?
8. What do you hear?
9. What day, month, year, season, time of day is it?
10. Is there anything significant about today?
These things will usually get me moving. Happy writing!
2 thoughts on “Questions to Ask Your Character When You’re Having Writer’s Block”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! They really help me.